Add This

Bookmark and Share

Lisa Tomey

Lisa Tomey

Monday, January 2, 2012

Small Stones - Crunchy Munchee Salad

Today's Small Stones observation was Crunchy Munchee Salad which I ordered for lunch at McFoster's Natural Kind Cafe.

This is one of my favorite restaurants, by the way.

The Crunchy Salad consists of "Greens, with shredded Napa and red cabbage, avocado, Snap-A-Crisp Baked Peas, jicama, celery, marinated daikon radish, cucumber, organic broccoli sprouts, and whole wheat croutons." I had the half size which was huge and made me wonder what the large looked like! I ordered a miso salad dressing which contains "vegenaise and organic white miso, lime juice, sesame oil, tamari, ginger and garlic." I really like this dressing and am going to try and replicate it.

To describe the experience of eating this salad I would have to start with the whole layout of this dish. The individual ingredients were carefully displayed so that you cold view the artist's palette of colors. The arrangement alone caused my taste buds to become excited with anticipation of the beautiful feast!

I started out sampling sections of the salad and then decided to mix things up. Either way, it was a winner! The
miso salad dressing brought out the flavor of each ingredient as it was not overpowering. A gentle topping for the not always gentle ingredients. The crunchiness was obvious to my palate and I must say that my mouth did a happy dance! Cool, crispy, tantalizing is my best description of this sexy salad. Delectable and delightful indeed!

No comments: