Add This

Bookmark and Share

Lisa Tomey

Lisa Tomey

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Small Stones - Garlic

This is my first post for the Small Stones, Writing Our Way Home blog.

What I recognized today is garlic. I was cooking and began by noticing the parchment paper like jacket, snuggled around each clove of garlic. Garlic is pretty, in my eyes. Each bulb is unique and powerful. Garlic is rather benign until you remove the outer skin and activate the cloves for use. Even without cutting into the tender cloves there is a certain power in garlic. What I did was cut the cloves of a whole bulb in half and put in a potassium broth pot. I find a certain comfort as the scent of garlic overtakes the air and sends comfort to my nose...to my body. Yes, it is a garlic overdrive which I so carefully orchestrated.

1 comment:

picnicwithants said...

I can't eat garlic any more...this post was torture.

But I agree with every sentiment.
good to see you blogging again.