Add This

Bookmark and Share

Lisa Tomey

Lisa Tomey

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Small Stones - Pampering

Today's Small Stones post is about Pampering, specifically mani-pedi's.

My daughter and I used a Groupon to get a ManiPedi at Studio 4:13 after Philippians 4:13 "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." KJV We had gotten a pedicure and facial before from a Groupon and this was different in that we had both the hands and feet done and not a facial.

I did not realize that when I showed up I would get both hands and feet done. It was fine with me as both needed attention. As a diabetic, foot care is very important to me. It takes skilled hands to take care of my feet. I have a hard time with self care of my tootsies due to the pain of arthritis and fibromyalgia. The lady, Hattie O'Brien (maybe related to my mom's side), was very nice and professional. She had a clean station and what I really was pleased with is that there wasn't that strong smell of chemicals. In fact, there was no smell! This is a big plus!

I picked out a wine colored polish and now have matching nails! I didn't get far before I botched up some of them but that is ok. You can barely notice. That was the only thing I wish was there was a speed dryer. That is not what caused me to have mine botched. It was because I picked at mine instead of having her work on the speck of polish I found on my ragged skin edges.

For the pedicure I soaked my feet in a massaging warm foot bath. I didn't like the way the bottoms of my feet felt on the massage grate so I adjusted them. I should have asked her for a towel. It is likely something to do with my dry skin and sensitivity. The chair I sat is was a massage chair but I didn't realize it until the control fell on the floor. I do recall that Hattie told me that I had a massage but I thought she meant a foot massage coming! LOL I did get a foot massage and it was lovely! I also got my nails tended to and polished! I feel like a new woman! WOO HOO!

No comments: