Add This

Bookmark and Share

Lisa Tomey

Lisa Tomey

Monday, January 9, 2012

Small Stones - Zumba

Tonight's Small Stones is Zumba. This is my second post today since I didn't get one done yesterday.

In an effort to get my daughter and I more active I decided to try Zumba class. I had heard about this class from the instructor in a newsletter I get. This class is held in Omaha on Monday and Wednesday nights. The one on Monday is normal Zumba and the one for Wednesday is new and is going to be Zumba Gold for seniors. Zumba Gold involves the use of a chair in the exercise. I think I could have used that one tonight! My left leg gives me fits and showed up true to form tonight. I was rather proud of myself for attending. Jodi did well, she paced about the same as me. So, all in all it was good. The instructor is top notch!

3 comments:

FreebiesnDeals.com said...

GREAT JOB LISA!! I have been thinking about getting the home version of it, as I am not too keen on going some place to see others watch me make a fool out of myself and to pay a fee each time..lol.

That is great that you are out getting some exercise and what better way than having a partner and your daughter couldn't be better.

Post a follow up in a week or two and let us know how it is going, ok!

Linda

1artsychick said...

sorry, I'm very behind in reading and commenting on blogs.

ZUMBA Wow! Stuart has mentioned trying it...but me...I'm way too afraid I'd kill myself.

I'm starting out slow. A little exercise bike, and moving up to Dance...Oh I forgot the name of the video game,, but you dance with the people on the screen...it's fun as long as I don't think about the score.. lol
but I can't do that right now..too dizzy.

also going to add some resistance bands to the bike....then work up.
I really want to get back in the Pool...great for my hip...but without being able to drive it's too hard to get there.

I'm so proud of you!
wendy

LisasOwnBlog said...

I hurt my knee so had to pull back. I zigged instead of zagged! You have to be careful what you do in order to prevent injury. It's all a balancing act!