Add This

Bookmark and Share

Lisa Tomey

Lisa Tomey

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Small Stones - Tabatha's Salon Takeover

Today's Small Stones is about Tabatha's Salon Takeover show on Bravo.

With an insomniac night I watched Chopped and then turned to Tabatha's Salon Takeover of which I watched two shows in a row! It is interesting and disgusting to see how people let their businesses go to dirt because of lack of organization and leadership! If a person is really invested financially and professionally in their own salon I cannot imagine why they would let it go.

I do understand about how things happen in life to affect decision making. And I do have some empathy for people who are finding their own way in the business world. One thought that consistently comes to mind is that perhaps when a person is a professional in one respect, such as a stylist, that does not automatically make them an expert in management.

I like how Tabatha can go into a business and shape it up properly. I do know, from my own management experience, that if I had approached workers in the way she suggests it would not have gone quite as smoothly. When you are dealing with labor laws and people who are quick to call an attorney and sue a company you have to mind your p's and q's. A revolt is not a pretty experience!

No comments: